Thursday, January 15, 2009

All Navy Veterans of the Vietnam War

I served on 4 ships between 1967-1975


I was homeported at Pearl Harbor Hawaii, Yokosuka Japan, and San Diego. I served four tours of duty in Vietnam and we were in the Gulf of Tonkin mainly for shore bombardment and plane guarding aircraft carriers. I was a Radarman (OS2) when I left the navy for civilian life. 

As this blog grows I plan on telling my stories of service. I would like very much if you would tell me your stories of adventure and service during the Vietnam war. Be sure to bookmark this page and forward it to your Vietnam Veteran buddies that might be interested in commenting about their service.

Any comment is OK.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm not a veteran but my acquaintance is searching for a former U.S. serviceman who serviced in Yokosuka during the Vietnam War. The person he's searching for was one of the defectors from Yokosuka to Finland in 1868. He's been searching for the person for over 40 years, then I found your blog and decided to contact you. I'd appreciate that if you could give me a chance to contact you via email.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as long as you like and as often as you like...Thanks!